When it comes to camping, one can never be too prepared for it. There is always something you forget or something that left your mind and you need it desperately. As camping takes place in the forest and much further away from the city, it can be difficult to go back and get that specific item you had forgotten.
This is why we have decided to create a whole list of things that you might need when camping so that you don’t forget anything and suffer at the last moment. Not only will it help you keep everything you need, it will also help you have a hassle-free, enjoyable, and safe trip like you are meant to have.
- General Gear
Within the general gear, one should remember to keep their:
- Backpack: This is essential as it will hold all your items
- Rain cover and liner: the weather in such places is very unpredictable and it can rain at any time. To keep yourself and your belongings safe, we suggest you pack it.
- Sleeping Mat: a sleeping mat is very important if you want to have a good night’s sleep otherwise the hard and bumpy floor of the forest will not let you sleep in peace and let’s not forget the bugs.
- Water treatment tablets: no matter how much your try to keep water stashed, there comes a time you run out and need to use a natural source, these tablets will help purify the water for you.
- Walking poles: these will help you walk in steep and broken places making it easier to navigate.
- Compass: in case you get lost and cannot find your way back, a compass can be a very handy tool to have onboard.
- Swiss army knife. You will need this in case you ever need to cut something or need to injure something. You can now look for premium knives in Australia here.
2. Cooking and Eating equipment:
There are a few things that you need when camping in terms of cooking and eating those are:
- Portable stove: when you want to make coffee in the morning or warm your food or maybe even cook the prey that you caught, you will need a stove.
- Waterproof matches or lighter: make sure you always have matches on you. This is not just for cooking, but also for lighting a fire which can be essential especially if it is cold. We also suggest getting waterproof ones.
- Extra food: no matter how much you think you have kept, you usually will run out of food. Hence, we suggest that you always pack extra food then you predict so you do not go hungry.
3. Clothing and Footwear
You also need a few essentials when it comes to clothing and footwear. Those are:
- Boots: these are very important as their sole is thick and they usually keep the feet warm so you can navigate bumpy terrains and cold weather
- Socks: to help protect your feet from the cold, socks are a must.
- Jacket: make sure that you get a waterproof jacket you can wear when the weather turns cold so you do not get wet by the rain and also stay cozy.